EVERTON SWIMMING ASSOCIATION HISTORY
Everton swimming association was started in the Everton district of Liverpool in 1865 and used the bath house / swimming pool in Margaret Street not far from the city centre. Later on the club had to move to the Dovecot district of Liverpool and in the last 30 yrs moved to the Huyton district and St Edwards College in Liverpool; these pools have remained the home bases of the club. Throughout the various moves the club has retained its name and ethos of a competitive swimming club. We have gained the swim Mark teaching and skill development award.
Everton S.A has always run a squad programme from early years to masters and this continues to be the case today.
Some of our swimmers have been and continue to be involved in open water swimming and a select few of Everton Swimming Associationcoaching staff completed Open Water Swimming events in Cumbria last summer. In the past swimmers have competed all over the country: Bala Lake, Ulverston and Rivington Pike. In 2005, five Everton swimmers became the youngest mixed team to successfully cross the English Channel.
The club has nurtured swimmers to compete at the highest levels of the sport. We have had success at Olympic and Commonwealth games in past years, as well as swimmers from Everton setting British records.